Re: MQ Aspect Ratio

Paul Nelson (ATC) wrote:
> I would like to avoid the term "aspect-ratio" when it refers to width and hight of a page, screen
> or other output. The reason is that there are some devices that have non-square aspect ratios.
> For example, on inch could be 72 dots horizontally and 68 dots vertically.

Good example, Paul. The spec defines the aspect ratio as "the number of horizontal pixels
over the number of vertical pixels". It's a measure of the screen's width divided by its
height (I don't think we can change that fact), but it's not a good measure if the
resolution differs horizontally from vertically. So it's not very useful on these devices
as defined. We should update the spec to define reasonable behavior for devices that have
non-isometric resolutions.

~fantasai