Re: [CSS3] tabbed(stacked) ...

Matthew Raymond schreef:
>>> 3) It pollutes the URL.
>>>
>> No it does not. This preserves the ability to link to a certain state
>> within a document (for free, it is inherent to the design), which is
>> quite a valueable merit.
>>

>    That's somewhat true, but we need to distinguish between a
> presentational state and linking to a specific part of the document. If
> you're using an ID in the URL solely to trigger the :target
> pseudo-class, they you're talking about presentation.

I don’t think it is different than any other fragment identifier. You
are linking to a specific clearly identified section of the document
(e.g. interface settings, auto-reply settings, personal information,
etc). Whether it is displayed as a tab is a presentational detail.

> If the user
> specifically wants to link to a certain element within the document,
> then that's a navigational state. What was proposed was using the
> document URL for presentational purposes.

Tabs aren’t navigational elements?

~Grauw