Re: Proposed ::last-line and ::last-letter selectors

Be reasonable. What's next, selecting every word in a paragraph
ending in "y"? Should there be a rule for that? Designers might find
a use for that too if they try hard enough.

If it's not going to be used, no-one is going to waste their time
implementing it, and if no-one implements it has no place being in
the specification. A few attributes between CSS 2 and 2.1 for this
reason.

CSS doesn't do everything, and never will. Because of that it's
possible to implement it fairly consistently from one rendering
engine to the next, which is it's strength and the reason your
hypothetical designers can use it at all. If you want unlimited
flexibility, use Photoshop.

Cheers... Mike