Re: Test Suite for Media Queries

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Chris Lilley wrote:

> Okay. So, the plan is, that unless someone else makes such a test suite,
> Media Queries will not start to get test suite 9much less, leave CR) for
> a couple of years?

There's no way I can predict what the CSSWG's members' priorities will be
in the future. If we get a bunch of new members who care about CSS3 Media
Queries more than CSS2.1 and who contribute resources towards a Media
Queries test suite, then that spec will get a test suite sooner.

Currently, of the ten CSSWG specs in CR (including CSS2.1 which is taking
a small break from that status but will be returning as soon as we've
dealt with everyone's comments), the top priority to the current CSSWG
members who are contributing tests is CSS2.1.

Even once CSS2.1 has a test suite, nothing guarentees that Media Queries
will be the next spec to get a test suite. There are six other CSSWG specs
in CR that are awaiting a test suite, it all depends on which specs the
self-volunteered test-writing CSSWG members think are most important.