Re: [CSS21] Paged Media: page box initial size

Bert Bos wrote:

>The 'size' property is not defined in level 2 anymore, but in the Paged
>Media module: http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-page/#page-size-prop
>
>That module is a Candidate Recommendation, so 'size' is still a valid
>CSS property.

I'm not complaining about 'size' no longer being in CSS21 - I'm aware
that the property is in CSS3.

I just wanted to point out that CSS21 Paged Media might be
underspecified in this regard in its current state as implementors are
left in the dark on how to establish the (initial?) size of the page
box. If "page box" should be considered the equivalent to "viewport" in
continuous media, which is defined by the UA (e.g. its window size),
then I'm simply suggesting that appropriate wording is added to CSS21.

I have drafted a wording suggestion in an earlier followup [1].

[1] <http://www.w3.org/mid/20050929173351.13550@mail.visualclick.de>

Kind regards
Christian

--
Please don't CC list answers to my own email address.
I actually read the lists I post to.