Re: [CSS21] properties for table-column (In HTML: COL) & table-column-group (In HTML: COLGROUP) items.

ray whitfield wrote:

>In my experience IE implements the CSS specification (with regard to
>table elements and their properties) better than the entire family of
>mozilla based browsers. For instance the visibility property for empty
>cells. There are many instances in which firefox and various netscape
>versions will fail to make these cells transparent. I have never seen
>IE render these cells incorrectly. I am not a big fan of M$FT but
>credit is due where it is earned.

Uh... then please tell me how to let IE NOT make empty cells invisible.
Whatever value I set the "empty-cell" property to, Mozilla abides by it
but IE does not - only way to get IE to do what I want is to put e.g. a
non-breaking space (&#160;) or <br /> in the table cell.

I don’t see at all how IE is better with CSS tables...

~Grauw