Re: Proposal: content-vertical-alignment

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 19:26:25 +0300, David Woolley
<david@djwhome.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>> moved according to the setting. Nothing unpredictable there at all.
>> Margin
>> auto also centers between paddings, but you apply it to the child. Here,
>
> Margin auto doesn't centre between paddings, it centres the border by
> making both margins equal.  There is no fill within the padding for
> margin auto, although centre justification may cause individual
> lines to be filled.

Hi David,
I checked out what margin does again, and things indeed happen between
paddings. So I don't see the asymmetry when using margin-auto coupled with
content-vertical-align. The overall affect is the same.

http://www.hesido.com/test/testmargin.htm

Can you clarify, what causes things to be taller and narrower?

--
Emrah BASKAYA
www.hesido.com