Re: Proposal: content-vertical-alignment

"....allow any content in a given element to be centered vertically..."

I suppose it means "allow content in any given element to
be centered vertically", right?

If, yes, then  first paragraph in
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#block-formatting
shall be changed too:

Floats, absolutely positioned elements, inline-blocks, table-cells,
elements with 'overflow' other than 'visible' <<<and
elements with 'content-vertical-alignment' other than 'top' >>> establish
new block formatting contexts.

In fact vertical aligning happens only for containers having height
set explicitly, so above shall be updated to:

Floats, absolutely positioned elements, inline-blocks, table-cells,
elements with 'overflow' other than 'visible' <<<and
elements with 'content-vertical-alignment' other than 'top' and only
those which have height attribute set explicitly >>> establish
new block formatting contexts.

etc.

Andrew.
http://terrainformatica.com