Re: Initial Value

On Wednesday 2005-06-01 02:40 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
> I think that the language here is both entirely clear and dictates a
> much better result (reset to initial value medium, then apply 70% to
> medium) than what you say the cascade demands (ignore initial value

Boris has explained this pretty clearly already, but I'll restate that
you're clearly wrong.  Percentage values are defined to be percentages
of the parent element's font size.
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/fonts.html#font-size-props says:

  Percentages:          refer to parent element's font size

-David

          Technical Lead, Layout & CSS, The Mozilla Foundation