Re: XHTML as XML

In my opinion Opera is doing it the way it should be done, and the
candidate specification is very unclear by the way and could still be
fixed. W3C's own browser, Amaya 9.0, is also doing it the Opera way.

Only Mozilla/Firefox wants us to both style the html element and the
body element for the same thing. This is redundant and no fun since the
DTD doesn't allow the use of the class attribute in the html element.

If we are going with Mozilla/Firefox we need either to include a lot of
inline styles for the html element which I am never going to do, or to
have two stylesheets for every document, the last stylesheet just to
handle the html element, or we need to use the id attribute and find up
unique values.

We probably need to use the URL of each document for the id value of the
html element just to please Mozilla/Firefox. This is going to be very
messy in our external stylesheet. For nothing! I hate it already!

Since all the above "madness" is not necessary to get Opera and W3C's
Amaya to work, I am counting on IE to help us out the day IE delivers.
That day I will delete my "being nice to Mozilla/Firefox" rule from my
stylesheet.

Best regards,
Jesper Tverskov