Re: [CSS21] CSS3

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Robin Berjon wrote:
>>You can find all sorts of practices good and bad in any number of other
>>specifications, however I fail to see how this is germane to the topic,
>>unless you would be so kind as to explain in which way the
>>WD-SVGMobile12-20050413 is a paragon of virtue in specification writing.
>
> Craig referred to it as counter example in some comments and I just
> observe inconsistency between the comment and common practise of the
> SVG Working Group, so I assume I might be misunderstanding the comment
> and seek clarification.

I am commenting in my own name and not on behalf the SVG Working Group.
What the SVG Working Group does or does not do is none of my immediate
concern.

> I don't think that can be helped then, any specification that gets
> revised after smaller parts of it have advanced in some sense will
> face this problem and obfuscating the notes or removing them does
> not really remove confusion in my opinion, the goals of the document
> and it's relationship to other work is explained in the first parts
> of the document.

I assume then that one can only accept confusion as being a natural part
of specifications, at least when timely release is desire. I am not
satisfied with this situation, but let it not keep you from advancing to CR.

--
Robin Berjon
   Senior Research Scientist