Re: [CSS21] Unclear applicability to XML

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 03:39:55PM +0200, Chris Lilley wrote:
> The abstract says that CSS 2.1 is for "to structured documents (e.g.,
> HTML documents and XML applications)" but then removes items (relative
> to CSS2.0) such as @font-face because they have not been implemented in
> HTML browsers, regardless of whether they have been implemented with XML
> applications.

Speaking only for myself, I can't see that CSS 2.1 provides any specific
information as to why @font-face was removed, other than the general
statement that the specification "consists of all CSS features that are
implemented interoperably".

Or are you saying that we already have two interoperable XML user agents
that support @font-face?

Regards,
Malcolm