Re: Dynamic pseudo class cascade

Staffan Måhlén wrote:
> a {color: black; background-color: white}
> it would still override the :focus colors

Right.  But then the page clearly wants the <a> to be colored that way.
  How do you know that coloring it with the UA focus colors won't cause
issues with the page look?

> Possibly something like adding a dimension where any property that
> had dynamic pseudo-classes in its selector would be sorted to the end
> of:
>    5. user important style sheets "
>    6. Dynamic user agent
>    7. Dynamic user normal
>    8. Dynamic author normal

This has several issues; off the top of my head:

1)  User !important sheets that want to override author sheets have to
     manually style all sorts of dynamic stuff.
2)  Where do things like:

       body:hover a

     get sorted?  How does that compare to:

       body a
       body a:hover
       body:hover a:hover

3)  With this setup a :hover rule by the author will still override a
     :hover:active rule in the UA sheet, so you're back at square 1.

-Boris