RE: XPath & CSS, again

Just a quick note to say that if anyone is interested I've blogged about
this topic:

<http://internet-apps.blogspot.com/2005/04/css-xforms-dependency-engine-and.
html>

The blog argues for turning CSS into something more akin to a framework,
with each part of the framework able to move independently of the others.
The parts would be:

 * the CSS processing model;
 * the CSS addressing model;
 * the CSS styling properties.

The processing model could be generic, and I discuss in the blog that there
is a clear relationship with other 'dynamic infoset' models such as the
XForms dependency engine.

But the main point of relevance to this discussion is that by breaking CSS
up in this way, CSS styling properties could be used independently of the
addressing model, and CSS selectors would just be one addressing mechanism
amongst many -- enabling those who wanted to, to use XPath.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Birbeck
CEO