Re: Box model: min-margin and max-margin, max-padding and min-padding

Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:

>About dispaly: table-*. Being applied will dramaticly modify underlying DOM.
>Too artificial and complex in interpretation and in implementation.
>Plus it seems nobody really needs them.
>My guess: will not be implemented.

Nobody needs them?

In my experience, this is the second most requested feature that CSS
developers wish IE would support.  (Support of CSS2 selectors,
especially > and +, is the most requested.)  Consistent
implementation of display: table* would make easy the one thing that
is otherwise very difficult in CSS: vertical centering of a block of
contents of an unknown height.  Most developers who need this feature
currently just throw in an actual table and grit their teeth about
screwing up the document structure.

Personally, I'll celebrate at least a little bit when MS finally sees
the light on this one.

--

-Adam Kuehn