Re: Box model: min-margin and max-margin, max-padding and min-padding

On Oct 2, 2004, at 4:54 AM, Brian Sexton wrote:

>> no-no,
>> |

>> The best way would be to use hypothetical "flow" attribute.
>>
>> . . .
>
> That sounds pretty swell except for the bit about it being
> hypothetical. Somewhat less hypothetically, "display: inline-block"
> seems like it may be another good way to accomplish that kind of
> layout except that most browsers do not yet seem to support it (or at
> least, they do not yet support it well); Opera is a notable exception.
>
> http://www.w3.org/Talks/2003/0521-CSS-WWW2003/inline-demo.html
>
> http://www.hixie.ch/tests/adhoc/css/box/inline-block/

Ah, I'd forgotten about inline-block. I tend to have a blind spot for
things that are mostly unimplemented.

Does the display: table stuff actually work in any browsers either?

AndyT (lordpixel - the cat who walks through walls)
A little bigger on the inside

         (see you later space cowboy ...)