Re: CSS: %% length unit. Proposal. Some clarifications.

Hi, David,

"the centre column should be sent first," this is just your good wish.
Could you provide a practical solution of how to implement this
"incrementally"?
Without such a solution I am reading yours "That's not true" as "That's
probably not true"

And define, please, the main goal of "incremental rendering". What is this
for?
To show to user something as soon as possible to keep him/her busy?
Or to let him/her to decide does he/she need this page at all?
Or what?

Here is my own classification of sites and types of pages in the internet:
1) "portal" -  navigation elemenets, not so much information - finite x/y
layout primarily.
2) "documentation" - just information - infinite x/y layout primarily.
3) "applications" - navigation elemenets and input elements - finite x/y
layout is a must - demand of ergonomics.

Only second group needs to be rendered incrementally. In other two groups
this requirement just does not make any sence. Final layout of such sites is
an information itself  - aesthetical information if you wish.

In my personal opinion,

Andrew Fedoniouk.

From: "David Woolley":