Re: Useragent Rules in CSS

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 18:05, David Hyatt wrote:
> Speaking for Safari, we are making that effort, but as anyone who has
> worked on a browser can tell you, achieving bug-free CSS2, DOM2, HTML4,
> XHTML1 compliance is a multi-year task.  It's unrealistic to expect
> browser vendors to achieve this sort of perfection overnight, and it's
> equally unreasonable to expect browser vendors to withhold releases
> while waiting for a state of perfection that may take years to reach.

I agree, but in a perfect world...
I just wonder if such an action would lower the priority of compliancy
with browser manufacturers or worse yet mask the areas that are
*broken*. But perhaps the state of 100% compliancy is a fantasy and the
reality is that it IS indeed time for an *official* solution.