Re: CSS3 and better support for table free designs

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 03:24:39 -0400, Justin Wood
<jw6057@bacon.qcc.mass.edu> wrote:

>Sorry Andrew, but I think he was looking for a full compliant.
>
>from memory only, and not trying:
>
>enclose all main content in <div id="main_body">  (for my example)
>left-sidebar <div id="left_sidebar">  and right sidebar <div
>id="right_sidebar">
>
>now these would be all at the same *scope* as far as child/parent nodes
>are concerned.
>
>#main_body {
>    //nearly any style
>}
>
>#left_sidebar {
>    float: left;
>    width: //reasonable
>}
>
>#right_sidebar {
>    float: right;
>    width: //reasonable
>}

Hi,

I tried the above with reasonable widths and it went like this-

http://www.search-engine-optimization-services.co.uk/css-tests/test03.html

I tried something like this before and ran into a similar problems.

>something like that should work, as long as all three are on the same
>scope, (if my tired mind still working right now) then they will float
>at the top of content in all cases.   only warning is that they will
>cause content reflow, and a UA which does progressive rendering of the
>page (most if not all) and has some trouble when a reflow is caused
>without Scripting code, this may be a slight issue for them.
>
>~Justin Wood

Thanks for trying.

David
--