Re: Standards mode and Quirks mode (was Re: [CSS21] Test Suite)

> Justin Wood wrote:
> > Though Yes, I do agree that in terms of a strict "Well Formed" checking
> > UA, there would be _no_ room for incremental rendering, since you cannot
> > be sure if it is well formed until the </html> tag

> Then Robin Berjon wrote:
> That's simply not true a single second. Counter-example in real
> implementations: all SVG user agents that I know of do incremental
> rendering, even though an SVG document is of course required to be WF XML.

The key words you seem to have missed are "strict", "checking", and "be
sure".  If an SVG user agent does incremental rendering, it is not checking
for strict well-formedness of the whole document before working with it.
Regardless of whether the document is required to be well-formed, whether it
actually is cannot be determined before the entire document has been loaded
and checked.

Granted, I am not intimately familiar with the SVG specification, but from
what I have read, they were not able to work temporal displacement into it
yet.  Maybe the next revision will have that.