Re: [CSS21] Test Suite

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Thomas Scholz wrote:

> I miss especially the »background-color« for body. On
> <http://www.hixie.ch/tests/evil/css/css21/source/raw-tests/css1test13a.xml>
> I see both: PASS and FAIL because my body background-color is set to a
> light grey.

One of the prerequisistes for the test suite will be setting the default
colours to black text on white background, link colours to blue and
visited colours to purple, default font size to 16 pixels, resolution to
96dpi, and various other such changes. If tests had to handle all the
various different kinds of setups, they would become ridiculously
complicated and require support for much more before being able to test
anything at all.

> non-compliant browsers and »FAIL« for compliant browsers. That's always
> my preferred method, e.g. on
> <http://scholz-webdesign.de/css/test/identitaetskrise/>.

That's a possibility too; the advantage of 'color' is that when things go
drastically wrong, you don't end up with two elements being shown.