Re: [CSS3] Generated and Replaced Content - Grouping (long, examples)

On Oct 30, 2003, at 8:30 AM, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:

> Robert Koberg wrote:
>
>> Keep your content in XML in the structure you desire and use XSL to
>> transform it to your desired output.
>
> The transformation procedure and writing the transformation sheet
> additionally complicates the maintenance of a set of documents for me.

You would be surprised how much it simplifies things. Separation of
Concerns is a good thing.

> Aside - yes, I could keep the content in XML and output Transitional
> HTML using all the <BODY background>, <FONT color>, <P align>, etc.
> presentational hint attributes, without using any style sheets, but I
> don't think this is the point.

In the example I provided (to address this concern) which you seem to
have ignored, I used the element name as the class name. Therefore you
handle the final styling with CSS.

-Rob