Re: [css3-ui] box-sizing - Remove

> Those on this mailing list have generally agreed the property is
> inappropriate. Further, the CSS3 Box module is the proper place for
> any such property, and that module already mentions and dismisses
> box-sizing:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-css3-box-20021024/#the-box-width

Whoa! Not so fast. This is the first time I've heard anyone was planning
on dropping this. Why?

This new box-sizing property was something I and a lot of other
developers were looking forward to. The original box-sizing model simply
does not work in a lot of instances.

If I set an element to fill the viewport - ie. width: 100%; - then I
cannot, with the CSS2 model, add padding to it. I either have to pad
child elements, or more likely in real-world scenarios, insert an extra
empty container and give it the padding instead.

What prevalent wisdom has decided we don't need this?

(note - specific implementation is not my concern, I don't care where
it's applied; I just want the ability to choose my box-sizing model)

d.