css3-lists: Call For Comments

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Bert Bos wrote:

> The CSS working group published the second draft of the CSS3 Lists
> module. It contains many more details about non-western numbering
> styles.
>
>     http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-css3-lists-20021107
>
> As usual, comments and discussion are welcome on this mailing list.

Let me emphasise that this working draft release is explicitly a call for
comments. We are especially looking for feedback on the following issues:

   * Algorithms. This specification contains about 90 or so list style
     types, each with an explicit algorithm. Are they correct?

   * Missing List Styles. There are hundreds of other list style types not
     included in this specification, and the only reason they aren't there
     is that nobody provided detailed enough algorithms. Are there list
     styles you would like to see in this spec?

   * Extraneous List Styles. The only criteria used to decide if a list
     style should be included in this draft was "is there an
     algorithm". There are therefore probably too many list style types in
     this draft. Which do you not need?

   * Open Issues. There are many notes in this draft that have not yet
     been resolved. We actively solicit comments on these issues.

If anyone sent me private feedback on the last draft which has not been
included in this draft (including any algorithms sent to me this week),
please resend them to this mailing list to make sure they are archived.

Cheers,