RE: conformance (was layout solutions blah blah blah)

Hello Peter,

that's true, Netscape 4 is the most non-compliant browser ever. They should
be given the "incompatibility reward 1998" for it.

> this on their site and then almost immediately took it off.  I couldn't
> seem to find it, but I'm sure it's possible that it's still on there
> somewhere.
>
> Regards,
> Peter Foti

okay, I'd better have written "tried" instead of "try".

It was at least some hours on 2001-10-26.

They wrote:
"Attention: Web Browser Upgrade Required to View MSN.com
If you are seeing this page, we have detected that the browser that you are
using will not render MSN.com correctly. [...]"

"MSN-Marketingdirektor" Bob Visse said, that they would show this page to
browsers that do not support the latest W3C standards and XHTML.

This was just another bad joke, since even IE6 has absolutely no XHTML
support (apart from recognizing some of the XHTML DOCTYPE declarations a
rendering switch).

German news on this can be found:
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/data/jk-26.10.01-000/
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/data/jo-26.10.01-000/