Re: How is it possible to devise such a feeble system?

Sampo Syreeni <decoy@iki.fi> wrote on 10/24/01 5:24:00 PM:
>>Of course, it doesn't work. The text-align seems to work, but the
>>vertical-align is still top aligned.
>
>Yep. Most browsers get it wrong. Maybe even all of them. Don't you just
>hate incomplete implementations.

Yeah I do, but maybe not as much as I dislike people who don't know much, but
talk a lot.  You are seemingly unaware that vertical-align _should_ have no
effect in this situation.

>How are CSS tables not legitimate? AFAIK, the legitimacy issue (at least
>as far as WAI goes) is about using HTML tables, and not about marking
>something as a table-cell in CSS.

Well, if you want to bring WAI into it, out of the clear blue sky, maybe you
should at least read their material first:

[
  Tables should be used to mark up truly tabular information ("data tables").
  Content developers should avoid using them to lay out   pages ("layout
  tables")
]

"CSS tables" are no more legitimate than HTML tables becase those properties,
such as table-cell, exist to allow authors to define table elements in _non-
HTML_ languages, e.g. XML applications.