Re: CSS3 module: W3C selectors

On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, Jeff Carlson wrote:

> I just read the Last Call Working Draft of CSS3 module: W3C selectors and
> have a question.
> Why is the W3C selector syntax such a departure from XPath syntax?

Wrong question. The better question would be "Why is XPath selector syntax
such a departure from W3C selectors?".

XPath came several years after the first version of W3C selectors.

--
Ian Hickson                                     )\     _. - ._.)       fL
Netscape, Standards Compliance QA              /. `- '  (  `--'