Re: New CSS utility: SelectORacle

On Sat, 14 Apr 2001 07:51:22 -0400 (EDT), "Eric A. Meyer"
<emeyer@theopalgroup.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 14 Apr 2001, Jan Roland Eriksson wrote:
>> The input of...
>>    http://css.nu/includes/basic-rules.css
>> ...produces...
>>  "An invalid URL was specified.  Please try again."

>   When you scroll down further, it reveals that the actual error tripped was
>"Invalid content type."  I checked and your file does appear to be coming as
>text/css.  Are you sending relatively unusual HTTP/1.1 headers, or anything
>else which most Web servers don't send, along with your stylesheets?

At css.nu I try my best to follow available RFC's and for just the
content type of css files this one may be of help...

  http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/cgi-bin/rfc/rfc2318.html

...see also...

  http://css.nu/faq/ciwas-aFAQ.html#QA05

...which is a Q&A that has been suggested, peer reviewed and accepted as
correct by regulars in ciwas, and further...

  ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/media-types/text/css

>This error is really weird, because the oracle will load other external
>stylesheets I've tried, including the W3C Core stylesheets that are
>script-generated; and so far as I can see, there isn't a reason to
>throw an invalid content type error.

The core styles seem to be delivered with this header...

...while css.nu sends...

...but that would also be correct as per RFC2318 section 4.

I don't know, but maybe the problem lies in there somewhere.

--
Jan Roland Eriksson <jrexon@newsguy.com>
<http://member.newsguy.com/~jrexon/>