Re: I would love...

On 16 Oct 2000, Matthew Brealey wrote:
>>    http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-css3-userint-20000216.html#color
>
> Yes. But that says border-style takes its value from the UI. And
> border: windowborder wouldn't work [...] because "'border-style' are
> still given values taken from the system", but border-style doesn't
> allow images.

But "'border-style' are still given values taken from the system" does not
say that those values must be CSS values. Just like with fonts, if you say
font:button and that font has some OS 'outlined' bit set, there will be no
way to tell from looking at the font from the CSS DOM.

>>> Yes, although it was :inside and :outside, rather than the slightly
>>> pointless and confusing ::inside.
>>
>> Reread the selectors draft proposal. Pseudo-elements now have two colons
>> to separate them from pseudo-classes in extensible implementations thus
>> allowing for more efficient rule matching.
>
> I've read it. The point was that you/David proposed one colon, whereas
> the current proposal uses two, which you used here.

Well yes, the proposal was made before the change. I hereby change my
proposal to match the new syntax. (I thought your point was that it was
slightly pointless and confusing, not that I took into account current
developments when referring to past proposals.)

--
Ian Hickson                                     )\     _. - ._.)       fL
Netscape, Standards Compliance QA              /. `- '  (  `--'