Re: selector negation (was Re: New version of the Selectors module of CSS3)

At 06:27 PM 10/10/00 +0200, Daniel Glazman wrote:
>Matthew Brealey wrote:
>
>> Precisely one argument - one simple selector. Cause !:first-child is
>> not as nicely wrapped up as :!(:first-child). I did consider :not(),
>> but I preferred the briefer syntax.
>
>Sorry, but I do not support (I mean not *at all*) this courageous
>attempt to add smileys :!( to W3C selectors.

Oh, come on, Daniel!  It might be nice to have something cheery in a W3C
spec for once.  After all these years of poring over dry text, a smile
finally emerges...

Okay, I'm kidding too.

Simon St.Laurent
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML