Re: Giving a class the same values as another class

This solution would ultimately be appending to the global style, which is what I
would be trying to avoid.  What if you need to use that global style on more
than one item on the page?  Your additions would be applied to those other items
as well.

Fortunately, Chris Lilley pointed out that in fact you CAN apply more than one
class to an element (by giving the 'class' value a space delimited list of
classes).  This is what I was trying to do because I wanted to leave my global
styles intact for the rest of the items on the page.  So the solution then is:

/* site.css */
.globalproperties { font-family: helvetica,sans-serif; }

<head>
<title>Hello World</title>
<link rel="stylesheet"  type="text/css" href="site.css">
.localproperties { color: red; }
</head>
HELVETICA!</td>

Thanks!
PS- IDs can not be used on multiple elements... that's what classes are for. :)

"John Lewis" <gleemax@hotpop.com> on 11/25/99 04:48:38 PM

Please respond to "John Lewis" <john@gleemax.com>