Re: box-sizing alternative

>From: "Joe Hewitt" <joe@joehewitt.com>
>Date: Tue, Feb 29, 2000, 10:47 AM

<snip>

> In my humble opinion, B is a better solution.  There are no messy swapping
> of definitions.  You simply tell the box what size it's regions are, and how
> to cope if they are too big for their britches ("width").

Note that box-sizing applies to width *and* height.  It is also fully backward
compatible with CSS-1 and CSS-2 definitions of width and height. And finally,
adding one controlling property ("box-sizing") is preferable to adding two
alternative properties ("content-width" and "content-height").

Tantek