Re: monochrome

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Matthew Brealey wrote:

>> > Personally (and incidentally) I consider it the height of rudeness to
>> > include colours in print style sheets.
>>
>> I fail to see why.
>
>At present it is - colour ink is very expensive, so to waste your
>customer/page viewer's money on colour ink, which adds nothing to
>printed pages (black is almost always better and much faster).

That's OK.  Scrounging users will set a user style sheet that removes the
colour.  But I like the idea of mono media.

I look forward to a time when I can use CSS or its offspring to style
printed documents that I'd now create and style in Quark XPress.

--
mailto:isoma@compsoc.man.ac.uk - +447980408788 - Tim Bannister