Re: draft CSS1 tests-pls comment

>Tim Boland wrote:
>
>> I have developed about 500 draft test cases for CSS1, and about 200
>> for the additional functionality of CSS2 not covered by CSS1.  These
>> are in need of some technical review.  It would be greatly
>> appreciated if interested persons could review any of these cases and
>> submit comments to me directly at frederick.boland@nist.gov, or to
>> the on-line form
>[snip]
>
>Will your pages coexist with the CSS1 Test Suite announced today, or
>are the two suites folded together now? I sent in three reports to
>NIST, based on eight to ten hours of testing the NIST CSS1 pages, and
>would like to know where to direct energy in the future.

   Actually, the two are being folded together in some sense, but will
remain distinct in others.  I've been going through Tim's pages and doing
my best to make sure that his testable statements are reflected in the
pages I'm doing.  However, it's likely that there will be a link from the
suite I announced to Tim's pages, for those who want to dive into the true
nitty-gritty of the specification.
   Tim is, in fact, one of the people with whom I've been working to create
the suite I announced yesterday.  Once the suite's history page is fleshed
out, his role in all of this should be abundantly clear.

>This draft must represent a ton of work. Congratulations, and thanks.

   I second that wholeheartedly.  When I first looked at Tim's pages, I
shook my head in wonder at the sheer amount of work and thought that had
obviously gone into them.  There are many pages in the test suite which
would not be as useful as they are without Tim's work, and many more will
be improved thanks to what he's done.

--
Eric A. Meyer  -  eam3@po.cwru.edu  -  http://www.cwru.edu/home/eam3.html
 Hypermedia Systems Manager