Re: stupid multiple definitions for the TYPE attribute

Joel N. Weber II wrote:
> A correct solution would have been to use style-type as an attribute
> name.  So I think it would be good to design browsers to look at
> style-type if it exists, type otherwise, and the default provided
> by HTTP or the META HTTP-EQUIV tag if no attribute specifies the type.
>
> Comments?

I think this is not the right solution.  We could end up with
a forest of -type attributes like style-type, script-type, maybe
others.

Why can't a single declaration at the top of the document declare
the style language being used?  Have I missed a proposal to allow
users to specify the style content per element?  That would be a
very bad thing from a browser maker's point of view.

Doug
--
Doug Rand				drand@sgi.com
Silicon Graphics/SSO			http://reality.sgi.com/drand