Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: RDF Query and Rule languages use cases and survey

Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> > Looking forward to hear about your contributions, comments, suggestions
> > and criticisms about how to improve or doing better :-)
>
> There are no sample RDF files given alongside the use cases.  Without
> RDF instance files, how can one test queries to make sure the given
> examples are correct?  How can someone else really understand the query?

you are right here! we definitively need some RDF/N3/N-triples Test Cases like
RDF does [1] to make much more sense out of the survey. This would also help
to make intercomparinson tests between different systems and so on. Concerning
the survey work, it has been set up in a bit of hurry (at least the Web
interface) and we have alot of room to improve things there (comments and
suggestions are welcome! :).  Some RDQL examples point directly to the URL of
XML/RDF content on which the query is run on if that helps....

> I'm about to go put up Versa examples, which unfortunately, since I have
> no detail of the RDF models being queried, will have to be guesswork.

good! I have added your examples to the HTML summary and RDF database.

Also the HTML summary page should probably be re-arranged to include more
information as submitted on the Web form (publisher, software, notes and so
on...) I will work on that later on....

thank you for the contribution!

Alberto

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-testcases/