RE: What do the ontologists want

From: Miles Sabin <MSabin@interx.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 22:11:35 +0100
To: www-rdf-logic@w3.org
Leo Obrst wrote,
> Pat is correct, however, in that the quoted material is really in a
> different language and as such is syntactically only a string,
> without known semantics (or only string semantics).

Hmm ... I agree with that. My only quibble with pat centres on his
statement that quotation, with or without syntactic structure, is of
limited value. If we want to be able to assign an interpretation it's
essential.

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin                                     InterX
Internet Systems Architect                      27 Great West Road