DAML+OIL bug

From: Drew McDermott <drew.mcdermott@yale.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 17:12:19 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-rdf-logic@w3.org

Pardon me if this has already been asked.

In the DAML+OIL example, we have

<rdf:RDF
  xmlns:rdf ="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
  xmlns:daml="http://www.daml.org/2001/03/daml+oil#"
  xmlns:xsd ="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema#"
  xmlns:dex ="http://www.daml.org/2001/03/daml+oil-ex#"
  xmlns:exd ="http://www.daml.org/2001/03/daml+oil-ex-dt#"
  xmlns     ="http://www.daml.org/2001/03/daml+oil-ex#"

The Allegro XML parser claims these are malformed URIs.  At first I
thought I needed to do some "escape" trickery to get those #'s in, but
my second thought was that the Allegro parser is correct.  Shouldn't
the #'s just go away?  Namespaces are not the same as URL + name
fragments.

                                             -- Drew McDermott