RE: Revised draft of CBD

I need to clarify my goal. I believe achieving common knowledge
of a meaning for a URI would be enabled by making some form of sense
representation content retrievable by submitting that URI to WWW
machinery. So what is the best form?*

I'm taking the broad view of semantic web agents wherein
some are human and some are software, assuming humans will input
information to the software agents, which agents may then interact
among themselves, and then output information back to humans. In both
situations either the human or the software agent may come upon the
same unknown URI and need an effective way to find out what it is
about.

I am shooting for a class hierarchy within which to situate those
forms that are best suited to software agent interaction, but I want
to include forms that a human could use as well.

The problem I have with the phrase "optimal body of information" is
that it doesn't seem to include an objective against which the body
of information is optimized. Thus I think "minimal *denotative*
content" (or "minimal *denotative* body of information") is better
because it specializes optimal to minimal and provides an objective
function to be optimized, namely "denotative". In other words, it
must be both minimal *and* denotative. Without the objective function
in an optimization problem, there optimum is unconstrained, see
http://www.nist.gov/dads/HTML/optimization.html

John Black

*by the way, CBD and URIQA come the closest so far, IMHO.