Re: F2F RDF IG, agenda

At 04:20 29/01/04 -0500, Dan Brickley wrote:
>Draft meeting page is at
>http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/interest/meetings/tp2004.html
>
>As you can see, the agenda needs more work. I suggest we discuss
>agenda here (www-rdf-interest) with proposals for lightning talks,
>presentations etc by 9Feb for a finalised agenda 15Feb.
>
>Hope to see some of you there,

I shall attend -- I'm sure there's lots of interesting stuff for us to discuss.

But I see the agenda is currently very bare.  There are two possible topics
that are close to my interests, one general, one technical:

(a) how to present RDF and Semantic Web technologies to a wider audience in
a way that makes a compelling case for their use (where
appropriate).  Related to this, what makes an application a good candidate
for employing Semantic Web technology?

(b) how RDF applications can/should use the datatype capabilities that have
been designed into RDF.  The only formally sanctioned use of these of which
I am aware is their use by OWL for cardinality constraints.  (I have done a
little work on this area [1,2], and could offer a lightning talk if there's
interest; what's the expected format/duration for these?)

#g
--

[1] http://www.ninebynine.org/RDFNotes/RDF-Datatype-inference.html

[2] http://www.ninebynine.org/RDFNotes/Swish/Intro.html