Re: a URI is a name (tel uri scheme and VCARD RDF)

Hmm, I think the problem with your solution is that the two statements do
not have the same subject. Shouldn't it rather be something like:

<rdf:Description rdf:about="12345678901234567890">
   <rtm:shortname>W3C</rtm:shortname>
   <rtm:weburi>http://www.w3c.org"</rtm:weburi>
</rdf:Description>

I know that the rdf:about as above is not valid RDF, I just want to
illustrate that the contents of the id should be completely meaningless.
For RDF compliance it should probably be something along the lines of
rdf:about="urn:12345678901234567890".