  From: Danny Ayers
  To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
  Cc: tarod@SoftHome.net
  Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 3:44 PM
  Subject: Contexts? (again)

  Thanks for the response Sandro. Although the example I gave had a time
  factor, I think the solution to that problem would be the same as that for a
  practical question just sent to the Jena list. I misunderstood the original
  question, and assumed that what was required was just copying a set of
  statements from one Jena Model to another, I suggested Model.add(Model m).
  But...

  >That merges the 2 models, which is basically all i want to be able to
  >identify that "this part came from this model/source and that part
  >from another model/source".
  >
  >so i want the model to look like this:
  ><rdf:RDF>
  ><rdf:description rdf:about="model1">
  ></rdf:Description>
  ><rdf:description rdf:about="model2">
  ></rdf:Description>
  ></rdf:RDF>
  >
  >where the "..." is just an identical copy of the some other model.
  >
  >Could there be a better way to describe that the data came from a
  >certain source?

  So we've got

  m1{
  S1
  S2
  }

  (Sx is a statement in tonight's syntax)

  and

  m2{
  S1
  S2
  }

  and what we want is something like

  m3{
  m1{
  S1
  S2
  }

  m2{
  S1
  S2
  ..
  }
  }

  so as far as I can see can only be done in the RDF model something like

  m3{
  {S1} -isFrom-> m1
  {S2} -isFrom-> m1
  {S1} -isFrom-> m2
  {S2} -isFrom-> m2
  }

  which not only is convoluted & long-winded but also involves the dread
  reification.

  Suggestions?

  Cheers,
  Danny.