RE: Cutting the Patrician datatype knot

From: Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com
Subject: RE: Cutting the Patrician datatype knot
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 21:11:11 +0200

So how does this preclude other datatyping schemes.  You could have a
different datatyping scheme, instead of XML Schema, pointed to by the "du"
above.

> I don't read the charter as saying that RDF must use XML Schema
> data type *definition mechanisms*. Only that it should make best
> use of XML Schema defined data types. Those are not quite the
> same thing.

Maybe not, but what would be the rationale for not using it?  You gets lots
of benefits, including the ability to use existing XML Schema software.

> Cheers,
>
> Patrick

peter