Re: naming properties and classes in RDF

From: "Libby Miller" <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>

> - how do you explain to people how best they should create RDF instance
> data (things like the apparent redundancy in the example I gave)?

I think people should enter the minimum data necessary (blue in my diagram).
Then have programmer types enter the inference rules (red), and finally the
inference engines should be able to answer queries even about the inferred
data (yellow).  Of course if somebody thinks differently and enters some
data that you thought would be inferred,  all the same queries should still
work ... but then, of course, the programmer types will need to enter some
more rules.

http://robustai.net/mentography/libbyResearchInterest.gif

Seth Russell