RE: property inference rule

>> I was seeking for ways  to express this rather basic fact using bare
>RDF(S)/DAML syntax.
>
>There's no way of expressing this in RDF, in RDFS or in DAML; it requires
>the ability to use variables.  Variables are not part of any of the three
>representations.

I'm not entirely convinced - for one thing, expressing the relationship
isn't the same as resolving it, so perhaps something like equivalentTo might
do. For another, if it is viewed as a transformation rather than a
procedure, no variables are required (XSLT, anyone?). If I'm shot down on
these points, then there's always TimBL's cwm and log:implies.

Cheers,
Danny.

---
Danny Ayers