Re: Semantic Memories, and other SW developments

"Sean B. Palmer" wrote:

> Just trying to keep on top of some of the recent SW developments... this
> thing appears to be changing subtly, but noticeably.

An interesting way to put it ...  my perceptions of it are changing too.
Originally I had though that my experience of the semantic web would be just
like my experience of the http web, only bigger.  Now I'm beginning to believe
that the basic predicament will be quite different.  Using CMap I drew a
concept map contrasting your experience of the Web with  your experience of the
Semantic Cloud, and suggesting that perhaps the latter is more analogous to our
experience within out society, than it is to the former.

    http://robustai.net/mentography/perdicaments.gif

Comments welcome ...

Incidentally I put this Concept Map on the public CMap server under Semantic
Web.  If anyone else cares to muck with it .. have a go !

Seth