Re: RDF standard for PRIVACY STATUS of a document

A P3P policy can say things like "I will do x with your information"
- i.e., it's geared towards representing how a party will handle your
privacy-sensitive data, to allow you to make decisions about how you
want to interact with them.

It might be possible to leverage some of the P3P vocabulary to make
statements about how documents should be handled, but I don't think
this would be possible 'out of the box'. Much of the vocabulary
covers topics like "how to handle disputes", "how long you'll keep my
records", "why you need my privacy-related information", "who will be
allowed access to my privacy-related information". Generally, it's
pretty Web-specific.

Have a look at the "Policy Syntax and Semantics" section of the spec:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/P3P/#P3P_markup

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham, Research Scientist