RE: Chainsaw?

Hi Graham,

One or two thoughts on this interesting question.

If I understand correctly, you are trying using
contexts to represent fixed property values for
an object.  I think it would certainly be
instructive to see how this is handled in OIL and
DAML.

I'm wondering whether this idea might help:

 [FordEscort] --ist-->
    {
    [anon:body] ----type------> [body]
    [anon:body] ----style-----> "hatchback"
    [anon:engine] --type------> [engine]
    [anon:engine] --fueltype--> "petrol"
     :
    (etc.)
    }

Basically this is saying that in the context of FordEscort
all resources of type body have the style hatchback and all
resources of type engine have fueltype petrol.  Here I've
assumed the forAll can be implied by the context (sic)
- you might want to represent the forAll explicitly - see
earlier discussion.

You have to add type statements to the model of your car:

 [MyCar] --isa--> [FordEscort]
 [     ] --ist-->
    {
    [TheBody] ----type------> [body]
    [TheBody] ----colour----> "Red"
    [TheEngine] --type------> [engine]
    [TheEngine] --capacity--> "1600"
     :
    (etc.)
    }

Now I think you can deduce the properties you want.

Brian