Re: When?

William Loughborough wrote:

> Is there a time line for severing the Gordian Knot that seems to be keeping
> widespread implementation of RDF from the armamentaria (that's old-geek for
> "toolbox") of Web authors.

The time is now!  The W3C has already recommended RDF, I don't
understand what additional signal your waiting for.  These things are
not decided by anyone (even Tim Berners-Lee)  saying anything at all.
They are decided by somebody making a tool that works well and becomes
widely used.  I proposed one such tool in [1]  and another in [2] and
am chugging away on a similar tool dubbed MyMemory which will
read/write/remember RDF and index your documents.  If anyone wants to
collaborate on developing this, please send me a private email.

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2000Oct/0085.html
[2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2000Aug/0134.html