Re: Please Review: RDFCore WG new specs (2003-11-05), esp. w.r.t. I18N and XMLLiteral

>From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
>Subject: Re: Please Review: RDFCore WG new specs
>(2003-11-05), esp. w.r.t. I18N and XMLLiteral
>Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:48:39 -0400
>
>>  A reminder: please take a look at these Working Drafts. The WG is in the
>>  process of preparing for a second Last Call phase, consolidating
>>  changes made in response to feedback received during our earlier LC and
>>  subsequently. If you have additional comments to make on these drafts,
>>  please send them to www-rdf-comments in time for our teleconference next
>>  week (ie. by 2nd Oct).
>>
>>  Many thanks,
>>
>>  Dan
>
>Hmm.  I note that there are more-recent editors' drafts available for
>several of these documents.  Any reviews that I do will be against these
>editors' drafts.

You might want to look at the most recent version of semantics at

http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/RDF_Semantics_LC2.html

which has the Lbase appendix purged from it,
which may come as a relief. This is a WG decision
as of today.  Paragraph 5 in section 0.1 has been
modified appropriately to refer to the Lbase
note; I have used this hold the various
references to other axiomatic-semantics
proposals, which I want to keep in the document
on general grounds of scholarship. Note the last
sentence, which is intended to be what Brian
refers to as 'fire-proof'.  Otherwise, apart from
re-numbering the appendices and adding the change
log, its the same as the published version.

I expect to have an updated version of the Lbase
note ready by Monday, if you want to look at it.
BTW, if you plan to check the proofs appendix
(now A), there may be some changes to that by
Monday also. I have no current plans to change
the rest of the text.

>The first jarring note in my reading of RDF Semantics
>(http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/RDF_Semantics_LC2.html, version of 16
>September 2003) is that Figure 1 still (again?) is internally inconsistent.
>It uses `Thing 1' and `Thing 2' as its domain of discourse but states that
>``1 is the only property in the set IP''.

Still, not again.  Right. We discussed this
previously and I told you that this was an
editorial decision and that the figure was not
likely, in my opinion, to give rise to any
misunderstanding, particularly given the
discussion in the surrounding text.  I note in
passing that no other readers of the document
have ever remarked on this point or considered it
jarring; whereas some readers have found it odd
to be told that items in a universe could be
integers, hence some of the warning prose in the
text.

Pat

IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell